Mastercard Accepted Again
March 18, 2013
We have recently received a email from our processor stating that they have resolved their issues with Mastercard and that payment is now being accepted through checkout again. Please let us know if you experience any issues but everything should be back to normal. I do not believe it caused any headaches for most people and the few emails or calls we got we were able to rectify easily. Thanks to all our clients for understanding and letting us help you the way we have always done.
Mastercard not being accepted at this time
December 6, 2012
It was brought to my attention that the processor we use ( 2checkout ) which handles all of our credit card processing is currently unable to process Mastercards at this time. This has been an ongoing issue for them in the last few weeks and they are working on getting it resolved.
This is what they have to say on the issue:
“Processing global payments for Sellers around the world continues to evolve in its complexity. 2Checkout processes your payments in partnership with many partner banks and companies, and we are constantly working to expand and improve those partnerships to offer the best experience to you and your Buyers.
Continuing difficulties with one of our global partners are currently preventing us from offering direct MasterCard processing services in your region. We are working hard to remedy this situation, and we will continue to keep you updated. At this time, we do not expect to be able to offer direct MasterCard processing services for at least the next 30 days. “
2Checkout has been a great partner of us and we will continue to use them because of the security and they are usually very reliable. We will continue to monitor the situation and if anyone needs to contact us because of this or any other payment issue please send us a email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Choose Hostbeaver.ca As Your Canadian Webhosting Company!
December 3, 2012
We completely understand how many choices for website hosts there are out there. Doing a simple Google search for Website Host brings back almost 400 million results. So the reason for this blog post is to show and explain to you why you should pick Host Beaver as your web host.
1) We give you a 30 day REFUNDABLE guarantee. If for any reason you are unsatisfied with our web hosting then we will refund your money within the first 30 days no questions asked… well we might ask you why you are not staying with us to ensure customer satisfaction. This is something ANY host should be offering!
2) Backing up your data is a priority. I think everyone at some point has lost data in some form or another during this technology age. We believe that your data is important… very important and that’s why we not only do 1 offsite backup we do 2 We have always believed in redundancy and backups are the most important thing a hosting company can do you for you. Many hosts will backup your data to a local hard drive but that does not do anything if that hard drive fails.
3) We are Local! We market ourselves as a Canadian web hosting company and that’s exactly what we are! We are based here in British Columbia and our Servers are located both in USA AND CANADA. Just because a hosting company claims to be Canadian does not mean they have Canadian located servers. Having your website on a server located in Canada is very important for the search engine optimization because it tells Google your company is in fact Canadian and gives you that much more credibility.
4) We have been around longer then a year. The hosting industry is filled with large and small time web hosts. It does not matter who you choose as long as you know they have been around for more then 6 months. Simply asking them or doing a WHOIS on their domain should tell you how long they have existed for. We have been around for 3 years and going strong!
5) Lots of support options. Our primary choice in supporting our customers I email tickets because this allows us to track our progress very easily but we understand the need for live support which is why we have a online website chat we are typically on 24/7 but if we are offline by chance then you can get us on the telephone around the clock.
6) We have standardized to the most popular scripts and software meaning that if you need a website builder or a specific popular script there is a good chance it’s already pre installed on our web servers.
7) Reviews speak for themselves. We have a list of reviews from our customers in our blog. Nothing speaks louder then the voice of a customer.
We believe in quality over quantity. Our prices are very comparable with most hosting companies and we do not believe in $1.99 webhosting which is why you will never see cheap outrageous prices. You typically see the VERY low prices with hosting companies just starting out because its there only way to get a high volume of clients the quickest but the thing they do not realize is the amount of support required to help all those clients.
9) We have no interest in growing fast. We have been learning in baby steps over the last 3 years and this has caused us little to no issues with our clients. We do not believe our current and future clients should be guinea pigs at all.
10) We specialize in just a few hosting services rather then try to cover every single product line out there. Don’t bite off more then you can chew I have heard the saying as it goes. Be good and become the master in a few areas rather then try to do everything and be mediocre.
Follow us or contact us on social media
December 2, 2012
We take great pride in being able to answer questions via email / facebook / twitter / live chat / over the phone if need be.
Follow us on the various social networks that we are part of.
We have been tweeting for a while so follow us on Follow us on twitter here
If you are a facebook user then you can visit us right here . like our page or share our content if you find it valuable to you
Always be concerned of Scam/Phishing Websites
November 29, 2012
Just Thought i would throw this out there and let anyone else know. By no way is this is a new scam, but it’s always good to remind each other that people are out there all the time trying to gain access to our personal info
A couple days ago i awoke to check my phone emails during the night and there was one from PayPal saying “you’ve sent a payment” in the Title.
The body of the email looked exactly like PayPals message and it even had my email address. I got a little worried because it said i sent 120$.
Still trying to wake myself up i logged into PayPal (not from the email) to notice there was no such payment.
I looked closer at the email and the sender was pay pal but the address was ” email@example.com ”
I then checked every LINK in the PayPal email and it “would” have taken me to a false website with a ip address as 184.108.40.206 which obviously Looks exactly like PayPals login but it’s not a PayPal site. I was surprised to see when i tested the link Mozilla Thunderbird actually recognized it as a scam site and let me know.
I’m pretty good at noticing scams/Phishing but these guys are getting pretty good. This is the first time i got a email saying i SENT money.. so that’s what really caught me off guard.
Just wanted to let people know be wary of emails such as this.. always better to login directly from the secured page rather then login from a link in a email.